BiG Band BG
Calling all artists! Create a logo for BiG Band BG!
The Bowling Green Area Community Bands invite YOU to design a logo for our community jazz band, BiG Band BG!
Guidelines for submissions
Hand-drawn & computer-created designs are acceptable.
The logo should:
- Be original (no similarity to any copyrighted material).
- Contain the band name “BiG Band BG” in some fashion and no other words.
- Look good in various sizes and media (online, business card, pocket patch, flyer, banner, etc.).
- Look good in both color and black & white.
- Be about as wide as it is tall.
Original designs should be submitted by email to: BiGBandBGlogosubmission@gmail.com. Please include your first and last name with your submission. (If you are unable to submit by email, please contact us via the email address above or talk to a member of the jazz band to make alternate arrangements.)
Review of logo submissions will begin July 31, 2018 and continue until one is selected.
All entries will become the sole property of Bowling Green Area Community Bands.
We reserve the right to modify any submitted logo to suit our purposes.
The winning designer will be recognized in concert programs and on our website, www.bgacb.org.
Proudly Presenting Our New CD
Title: At Last
Artist: BiG Band BG
Suggested donation: $20 (add $2 for shipping)
To get our CD, send a check for $22 made out to:Bowling Green Area Community Bands
P. O. Box 1236
Bowling Green, OH 43402
Include your mailing address.
If you would like to receive our email newsletter, also supply your email address.
I Remember Clifford
Listen to interview of director William E. Lake by Clint Corpe on the Morning Show WBGU-FM on 1/18/18
Who we are
- BiG Band BG is the community jazz band sponsored by the nonprofit Bowling Green Area Community Bands (BGACB), which also operates a concert band. The BGACB strives to contribute positively to the musical and cultural environment of northwest Ohio, while providing opportunities for individual expression and growth. As an amateur organization, we play primarily for the love of it.
- Our 20 members, aged 20s through 70s, hail mainly from Wood Co. Some of us are retired. Others have day jobs in, for example, computers, government, or business. Half of us earned at least a bachelor’s degree in music.
What we play
- Our repertoire consists mainly of swing, with a dollop of latin and a smattering of jazz-rock and funk. The bulk comes from mainstream jazz (50s and 60s), with the swing era (30s and 40s) not far behind. Among our favorite big bands are those of Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Stan Kenton, Glenn Miller, and Buddy Rich.
- The majority of our performances occur with the BGACB Concert Band. BiG Band BG also plays concerts, festivals, and dances on its own. We would enjoy providing music for your special event. (However, we do not send out small combos.) Contact information is listed on the bottom of the page.
Dan Van Vorhis
William E. Lake